There are so many advantages to cooking and serving with Piral all natural terracotta cookware. Piral cookware is extremely versatile so it can be used in your food prep every day. I have tried many types of cooking from frying an egg , various rice dishes, sauteing, oven roasting, pizza, braising, red, white or clear sauces, soups and stews, brown and bake casseroles and stir fries to name a few.
Before you start enjoying the many various uses there are some simple steps to follow.
1. Immerse and fully cover all Piral terracotta cooking and serving ware in warm water for approximately 6 hours BEFORE FIRST USE ONLY (this is done to allow the very bottom which is raw terracotta to be hydrated)
2. Allow to fully dry after removing from water and before storing in a cabinet. Depending on climate conditions etc. drying fully may take more or less time.
3. For Stovetop Use: heat on burner over a low heat with 2-3 cups of water for 1 hour. Wipe clean and you are ready to go. For Oven Use: Place in cool oven with 2-3 cups of water, turn on oven to 375 degrees and heat for 2 hours.
4. Piral terracotta can be used directly on the flame of gas cook-tops, in the oven (electric, gas, or wood fired), in the microwave, in the dishwasher, on the grill, on the barbeque and with wood fired cooking.
5. Some discoloration of the cooking surface may appear with use but this in no way alters the effectiveness of the product.
6. A heat diffuser is necessary for all types of electric range tops (not needed in ovens)
7. Store left-overs in the refrigerator in Piral cookware and reheat on the burner, in oven or microwave directly. What could be easier?
8. The clean up is easy due to the glass like interior cooking surface. If something does stick simply fill with warm soapy water for some time and wipe with ease.
9. Enjoy better flavors cooking with all natural Piral terracotta cookware. Many well-known chefs and cooks agree. Food tastes better in non-metal terracotta cookware.